We are presently running Childline an initiative of Childline India Foundation and supported by Ministry of Woman and Child Development. It is a national 24-hour free phone emergency outreach service for children in need of care & protection. Whether you are a concerned adult or a child, you can dial 1098, the toll free number to access our services. We not only respond to the emergency needs of children, but also link them to services for their long-term care and rehabilitation.
Childline focuses on emergency need of children. our special focus is on all children in need of care and protection, especially the more vulnerable sections, which include:
– Street children and youth living alone on the streets
– Child labourers working in the unorganised and organized sectors
– Domestic help, especially girl domestics
– Children affected by physical / sexual / emotional abuse in family, schools or institutions.
– Children who need emotional support and guidance
– Children of commercial sex workers
– Child victims of the flesh trade
– Victims of child trafficking
– Children abandoned by parents or guardians
– Missing children
– Run away children
– Children who are victims of substance abuse
– Differently-abled children
– Children in conflict with the law
– Children in institutions
– Mentally challenged children
– HIV/ AIDS infected children
– Children affected by conflict and disaster
UDAAN Society from 2010 to 2014 has also worked in Urban Health Initiative (UHI), a project supported by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and implemented by a consortium of international, national, and community based organizations, all focused on improving urban health, especially urban reproductive health. The initiative responds to rapid urbanization and poor health indicators among the urban poor in Uttar Pradesh. UHI iwas implemented in urban slums of Aligarh City and catering the population with urgent need of reproductive services and focuses on woman and children.